You might remember the ultimate checklist we recently published on how to get your law firm noticed in 2017. Since we received a ton of responses about where to get started, over the next couple of months, the content team at Propero will break down each element so you know what the implementation and optimisation process actually looks like.
We’re kicking off the new year with how to optimise your website, and some DIY quick fixes that will help attract and convert the ‘right fit’ enquiries you need to grow your firm.
Your website is more than your shop front. It’s an extension of your firm and should be working hard behind the scenes to support your growth. If it’s not, it means you’re failing to show up in front of prospective clients when they’re searching for the services you offer, and you’re likely missing out on new business opportunities as a result.
An efficient website that works in the digital age is two things:
- Mobile responsive… which means published content automatically renders to fit any screen size, so that it’s easy to read and looks good on mobile and other handheld devices
- Keyword optimised… which means specific words and searched-for phrases are placed inside original, information-rich content (like services pages, blog posts, or articles) with high relevancy (to what’s being searched for), low competition, and where they’re positioned on the page (like H-tags, title tags, the URL, images, and so on).
Optimising your website makes it easy for search engines to crawl and index each page. The result? You rank higher on results pages, and gain critical exposure to the right audience.
After optimisation, you’ll need to assess your website’s usability. A site that’s user-friendly and easy to navigate works to extend the time prospective clients spend engaging with your services and content (reducing your bounce rate and further improving where you rank on search engine results pages – also known as ‘SERPs’).
To drive conversions (i.e callback requests, emails, or even direct phone calls) from those who need help with litigation, your website MUST comprise the following key usability features:
- Visible contact information (address, telephone number, email address) that’s clearly and permanently displayed at the top of your website or in the footer
- Key benefit statement or a sentence on your homepage which clarifies your practice area and what you do
- Links to your social media accounts that click through to the correct pages
- An active blog to demonstrate you’re clued in on, and have an opinion on, issues that matter to your audience (this also helps to ensure your website has a continuous feed of fresh content – something Google loves!)
- Visible testimonials that act as social proof to cement your position as a leader in your niche
The goal of your online marketing efforts is to consistently show up in front of your target audience at the right time and to drive sales – that’s why every element (your website, content, and social presence) needs to run like a well-oiled machine.
But, it can be a lot to master – especially when you may not have the time, resources, or expertise on hand.
If you need help implementing any of the website optimisation strategies mentioned above, take a look at our Marketing Foundation service. We specialise in helping firms like yours build and maintain the type of online presence that will. Alternatively, talk to Jessica at Propero about your specific needs on 020 3369 6844, and start the new year as you mean to go on.