In today’s professional backdrop, having a website IS how to get clients and therefore a necessity, if your business’ goals are focused on growth. And the good news is, 87% of professional service firms are on board and already have a website (Source: Propero Partners State Of Digital Marketing In Professional Services).

These digitally progressive firms have long been reaping the rewards that an online presence offers, which includes increased visibility, opportunities to demonstrate thought leadership and platforms for content distribution. As a result, these firms are the ones seeing the largest return on investment as 88% attract at least one new business enquiry every month.

While the forward-looking firms keep up with the pace set by industry leaders in terms of how to get clients, the resistant firms struggle to maintain the number of new business enquiries that ensure a consistent cash-flow.

In fact, recent research found that 13% of professional service firms still don’t have a website (Source: Propero Partners State Of Digital Marketing In Professional Services). Of these firms without a website, 30% don’t receive any new business enquiries in a typical month. These statistics suggest a lack of online presence is obstructing their ability to generate a consistent number of leads.

How does the legal industry compare?

The research also shows that while the majority of professional services firms are online, there is a considerable contrast between the individual industries within. Interestingly, firms in the legal sector were most likely to have an online presence – 96% of legal industry respondents said their firm has a website, compared to just 72% of respondents from management consultancy firms. That leaves 28% of respondents in management consultancy firms without a website – the highest percentage of non-website owning firms across all industries surveyed.

But does a firm’s website ownership status actually impact their ability to generate new business enquiries?

According to our recent report, there is a correlation between having a web presence and client attraction success. And firms with a website DO have an advantage when it comes to signing new clients.

Of the 96% of law firms that have a website, 99% received at least one new enquiry per month and 99% of those leads converted into paying clients. At a minimum, websites form the basis of all digital outreach and so firms need to be online to reap the benefits, which could include signing an additional client every month.

In this increasingly digital marketplace, buying decisions are based on a firm’s overall perceived value, not just the product or service on offer. This assigned value is often determined by the results returned by search engines. Without a website, firms are doing themselves a disservice by failing to compete for the business of clients who are actively seeking out their services.

Make your website work for your client attraction process

Having a company website is a start, but having a good website is how to get clients.

User and Google friendly sites are important but your site also (and most crucially) needs to direct the browser’s customer journey toward a purchase decision – this can often be the tricky bit. If you’re not yet online, or your website doesn’t currently support the process of signing new clients, get in contact. One of the senior team will be happy to have an initial conversation and talk through recommendations for your online presence.

Share This